Eurisy is hiring an Activities Coordinator
EURISY is a European non-profit Association. Its membership includes most of the European national space agencies, ESA, the EC, as well as major stakeholders of the European Space-based services community. Its mission is to diffuse the use of satellite services (derived from Earth Observation, GNSS and Satcom) so as to consolidate the benefits the European space community provides to European society. With this goal in mind, EURISY’s role is to proactively support final user communities in making increasing use of satellite services.
EURISY’s actions encompass raising awareness of the advantages of satellite information and services, advising and supporting end-users in their implementation, facilitating the dialogue between end-user communities and the space community, producing and disseminating information on end-users’ culture and agenda and on their use and implementation of satellite information and services, providing European and national decision-makers with bottom-up feedback from end-user communities on their needs, etc.
Vacancy: Coordinator of Activities at Eurisy
The Coordinator of Activities of EURISY reports to the Secretary General who takes all necessary measures for the management of the Association, the execution of its activities, the implementation of its policy and the fulfilment of its purpose, along the directives issued by the Governing bodies of the Association.
The main responsibilities of the Coordinator of Activities include:
- The operational management of the team;
- The proposal of relevant topics for future activities of the Association, refining priorities and ensuring coherence with the trends identified by other prospective organisations like the European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) and the requests of the members;
- Their aggregation into a work plan consistent with the resources available and in line with the decisions of the governing bodies of the Association;
- The setup and management of in-house databases supporting the missions of the Association, in particular regarding economic intelligence in the space downstream sector;
- The establishment and the enforcement of a methodology for the conduct of the project;
- The consistency and the professional layout of EURISY productions;
- The implementation of an active communication policy towards networks of end-users and experts in domain relevant to EURISY activities as well as towards the members;
- The overseeing of the organisation of events (workshops, seminars, conferences, …) organised by the Association;
- The preparation of General Assembly and Council meetings in liaison with the Secretary General;
- The permanent link with EURISY members and stakeholders, in particular through the management of the Association website and newsletter.
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in any scientific/technical or social science discipline. A postgraduate specialisation and/or experience in geopolitical or space policy are a distinct advantage:
- Proven management and organisational skills with a high degree of autonomy in a relatively small but self-standing organisational entity;
- Proven communication skills to promote targeted policy-oriented outreach and foster impact;
- Experience in organising international events and publication activities;
- Demonstrated skills in economic analysis.;
- Proven familiarity with cutting-edge policy debates on space and space-related issues in the European context is a distinctive advantage.
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2019.
The working language of EURISY is English. A good knowledge of French is desirable.
DURATION: This position is for a non-limited duration.
Applications for this post should be made by e-mail to Jean-Jacques.Tortora@espi.or.at, Director of ESPI.