Join Eurisy as part of the Belgian National Trainee Program at ESA
Eurisy is an association of Space Agencies and other organisations who have a common interest to promote the benefits of satellite applications in society.
Eurisy’s motto, “acting collectively to bridge space and society”, encapsulates its mission to start, stimulate and support collaboration between public institutions, SMEs, industry and academia from the space sector and from non-space sectors. In doing so, Eurisy aims to advance the diffusion of space-derived innovation across society. The result benefits society, the economy, and the environment.
Eurisy’s work comprises:
- raising awareness among professional communities of the usefulness of satellite services in sectors ranging from energy, the environment, transport, risk management and many others;
- supporting such user communities in their take-up of satellite services, in particular by facilitating collaboration across sectors and disciplines;
- informing space stakeholders on factors of success and failure in the adoption of innovation, and advise on potential policy measures to overcome barriers.
Overview of the field of activity proposed:
Under the authority of the Secretary General, the trainee will contribute to and/or perform under their own responsibility, the following duties:
Project administration: end-to-end administration of projects which may entail organising events, meetings, gatherings, ceremonies, match-making opportunities, publications and any other activities necessary for Eurisy to fulfill its objectives;
Partnership development: to contribute to identifying potential partners for Eurisy from the space and nonspace sectors to jointly carry out activities aimed at promoting satellite applications and, more generally, the benefits of space in those sectors;
Knowledge production: In the framework of the projects assigned to them, or collaboratively with the team, the trainee will:
- identify and document examples of public or private entities using satellite services;
- gather information on the activities and priorities of Eurisy’s Members, especially in relation related to Eurisy’s own activities;
- research trends in the space sector in terms of new technological developments, new products and services;
- document non-technical factors that influence the adoption of satellite services;
- collect user needs and study trends in various sectors, public or private, where space provides an added value.
Communication: to contribute to the communication of Eurisy’s activities to different audiences, including user communities, service providers, the space sector and policy makers.
A university degree is required. The position will especially suit a candidate with a degree in economics, business studies, political science or international relations.
- Belgian citizenship
- Very good command of English – knowledge of another foreign language, especially French, is an advantage
- Location: Paris - European Space Agency Site Dausmenil
For more information on the application process visit BELSPO's National Trainee Programme webpage here.