Financing and governance
Eurisy is an association made of legal persons, or any other organisation, forming the General Assembly of Members. It is run by a Council of individuals elected by the General Assembly.
Eurisy was created in 1989 under French law, on the initiative of its founder President, the late Hubert Curien.
Eurisy celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2014.
Creating public awareness of the importance of these issues and informing young people in particular of the humanly and vocationally rewarding prospects offered by satellite systems: these are the tasks assigned to Eurisy.
My hope is that the activities of Eurisy will help to inform the public and the decision-makers of the results of collaboration between the European Space Agency and the Commission of the European Communities in the field of the environment and of Earth observation, with a view to promoting the European space programmes for protecting the environment.
General Assembly of Members
The General Assembly prepares and decides on the general policy to be pursued by Eurisy.
At its meeting on 23 June 2013 at the Paris Airshow of Le Bourget, the Eurisy General Assembly of Members approved the Eurisy Strategic Plan for the period 2014-2016.
Eurisy Council, Bureau and Secretariat
The Eurisy Council, Bureau and Secretariat are reponsible for executing the strategic directions decided by the Eurisy Members.
The Eurisy Council convenes three times a year and is responsible for overseeing the running of Eurisy, hereby guiding the activities developped by Eurisy's Bureau and Secretariat. Eurisy's Council members are:
- Dominique Tilmans, Eurisy President
- Johannes Ortner, Eurisy Vice-President, FFG, Austria
- Roswitha Grümann, Eurisy Vice-President, DLR, Germany
- Delfina Bertolotto, Agenzia Spaziale Italiana, Italy
- Isabelle Duvaux-Béchon, European Space Agency
- Emily Gravestock, UK Space Agency
- Alban Duverdier, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales, France
- James Foden, Malta Council for Science and Technology
- Erna Leurink, ITC, The Netherlands
- Robert Hill, Invest NI, Northern Ireland
- Driss El Hadani, Centre Royal de Télédetection Spatiale, Morocco
- Piero Messina, Eurisy Treasurer
- Stefaan De Mey, Eurisy Secretary General
The Eurisy Bureau is formed by the President, Vice-president(s), Treasurer and Secretary General.
The resources of Eurisy consist of:
- membership fees, fixed each year by the General Assembly
- contributions, in kind or financially, from its members
- income from its property and reserve fund
- subventions, gifts and legacies.