Eurisy is hiring a Project Officer
Eurisy is an association constituted under French law, based in Paris. Its members comprise the space agencies and other public bodies across Europe, including the European Space Agency (ESA).
Eurisy’s motto, “acting collectively to bridge space and society”, encapsulates its mission to start, stimulate and support collaboration between public institutions, SMEs, industry and academia from the space sector and from non-space sectors. In doing so, Eurisy aims to advance the diffusion of space-derived innovation across society. The result benefits society, the economy, and the environment.
Eurisy’s work comprises:
- raising awareness among professional communities of the usefulness of satellite services in sectors ranging from energy, the environment, transport, risk management and many others;
- supporting such user communities in their take-up of satellite services, in particular by facilitating collaboration across sectors and disciplines;
- informing space stakeholders on factors of success and failure in the adoption of innovation, and potential policy measures and other instruments that can help smooth the path.
In a nutshell, Eurisy acts a facilitator of innovation, a catalyser of collaboration, a match-maker for people and organisations with common interests in advancing innovation, and an adviser to policy makers.
- project administration: end-to-end administration of projects which may entail organising events, meetings, gatherings, ceremonies, match-making opportunities, publications and any other activities necessary for Eurisy to fulfill its objectives;
- partnership development: to contribute to identifying potential partners for Eurisy from the space and non-space sectors to jointly carry out activities aimed at promoting satellite applications and, more generally, the benefits of space in those sectors;
- knowledge production: In the framework of the projects assigned to them, or collaboratively with the team, the project officer will
- identify and document examples of public or private entities using satellite services;
- gather information on the activities and priorities of Eurisy’s Members, especially in relation related to Eurisy’s own activities;
- research trends in the space sector in terms of new technological developments, new products and services
- document non-technical factors that influence the adoption of satellite services;
- collect user needs and study trends in various sectors, public or private, where space provides an added value.
- communication: to contribute to the communication of Eurisy’s activities to different audiences, including user communities, service providers, the space sector and policy makers;
This job will offer a motivated person the opportunity to grow professionally and shine: you will have the freedom to take on responsibilities commensurate with your abilities, and to take credit for your own success, while contributing to that of the team. You will be allowed to learn by doing. You will develop a set of wide-ranging skills highly transferable into either the private or the public sector. As long as your initiatives are in line with Eurisy’s objectives, you will be able to initiate projects and prove yourself through what you do, thus shaping your own unique place within the organisation.
We are looking for an entry-level candidate with up to three years relevant experience:
- Fluent in English, highly articulate, with an ability to write in a clear and well-structured way;
- ability to learn quickly, think on your feet, be practical and adapt to a variety of situations and settings;
- highly motivated, curious, energetic, sociable and sensible;
- ability to interact appropriately with different interlocutors and in different settings.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent;
- good office IT skills (Microsoft Office etc);
Desired, but not essential, skills and experience
- fluency in French will be a particular advantage;
- ability to speak any other language;
- any experience of work in the private sector, especially in business development or project management would be highly appreciated;
- any experience of work in communication (including social media, mailing lists etc.);
Status: In the first instance,the Project Officer will be employed for 12 months on the basis of a full time fixed-term contract under French labour law. The contract may be extended.
Salary: to be negotiated, commensurate with qualification and experience.
Specific requirement: Candidates must have the authorisation to work in France.
(citizen of a European Union Member State, and having a work permit).
Expected starting date: 1 November 2017
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (maximum 2 pages each) clearly stating your motivation relative to this job, in English, addressed to the Secretary General Dr Toby Clark, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (File attachments should be in .pdf format).
Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017